- Rathore MFA, Rashid P, Butt AW, Malik AA, Gill ZA, Haig AJ. Epidemiology of spinal
cord injuries in the 2005 Pakistan earthquake. Spinal Cord 2007; 45: 658–663
- Rathore FA, Farooq F, Muzammil S, New PW, Ahmad N, Haig AJ. Spinal cord injury
management and rehabilitation: highlights and shortcomings from the 2005
earthquake in Pakistan. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 2008;
- Rathore FA, Gill ZA, Malik AA, Farooq F. Acute flaccid Paraplegia: A rare
complication of meningococcal meningitis. Spinal Cord 2008 ;46: 314–316
- Rathore MF, Farooq F, Butt AW, Aasi MH. (Letter to editor) Re: Complications in
Patients with Spinal Cord Injuries Sustained in an Earthquake in Northern Pakistan. J
Spinal Cord Med. 2008; 31:103–104.
- Rathore MF, Farooq F, Butt AW, Gill ZA. (Letter to editor) An update on Spinal cord
injury patients of Oct 2005 earthquake in Pakistan. Spinal Cord 2008; 46:461–462
- Rathore MF, Hanif S, Rashid P, Butt AW, New P, S-U Khan. The incidence of Deep
Vein Thrombosis in a cohort of patients with Spinal Cord Injury following the Pakistan
earthquake of October 2005 Spinal Cord. 2008; 46:523–526
- Rathore FA, New PW, Waheed A. Pressure ulcers in spinal cord injury: at an unusual
site with an unusual etiology. American J Phys Med Rehabil. 2009;88:587–590
- Malik AY, Nasreen G, Malik SA, Rathore FA. Metal in stomach: a rare cause of
gastric bezoar. British Medical Journal Case Reports.2009
- Muzammil S, Rao SE, Rathore FA, Malik NI, Hobbs NJ, Aslam N. A Technique for
Suture Introduction in Multi-Strand Flexor Tendon Repairs. Techniques in
Orthopedics 2009 ;24: 317-318
- Yasmeen R, Rathore FA, Butt AW, Ashraf K. How do chronic spinal injury patients in
Pakistan manage their bowels? A cross sectional survey of 50 patients. Spinal Cord
- Rathore FA, Farooq F. (Letter to editor) Physical therapy versus heparin for
prevention of deep venous thrombosis. Spinal Cord 2010:765.
- Rathore FA, New PW, Iftikhar A. A report on Rehabilitation Medicine in Pakistan:
Past, Present and future perspectives. Archives of Physical Medicine and
Rehabilitation 2011; 92:161-166.
- Rathore FA, Ayub A, Farooq S. Suicide bombing as an Unusual Cause of Spinal
Cord Injury: A descriptive Case series from Pakistan. Spinal Cord Spinal Cord
- Jan D. Reinhardt, Jianan Li, Gosney JE , Rathore FA , Haig AJ ,Marx M, Delisa JA .
Disability and health-related rehabilitation in international disaster relief .Global Health
Action 2011, 4: 7191 - DOI: 10.3402/gha.v4i0.7191
- Rathore FA ,Gill ZA, Muzammil S.( Letter to Editor): A Comment On Management of
Spinal Injuries in the October 2005 Pakistan Earthquake .Disaster Medicine and
Public Health Preparedness 2011;5 174-175
- Rathore FA, Farooq F, Mansoor SN. Non-operative management is superior to
surgical stabilization in spine injury patients with complete neurological deficits: Some
additional perspectives. Surg Neurol Int. 2012;3:22. Epub 2012 Feb 15.
- Rathore FA, Ahmad N. An overview of the Rehabilitation Medicine in Pakistan Armed
Forces: The road covered so far and the journey ahead. Medical Corps International
- Burns AS, O’Connell Colleen, Rathore FA. Meeting the Challenges of Spinal Cord
Injury Care Following Sudden Onset Disaster - Lessons Learned. Journal of
Rehabilitation Medicine 2012:44; 414-420.
- Rathore FA , Gosney JE, Jan D. Reinhardt, Haig AJ, Jianan Li, , Delisa JA. Medical
Rehabilitation after natural Disasters: When, Where, How? .Archives of PMR 2012;
- Rathore FA, Mansoor SN, Bin Qureshi S, Burns AS, O'Connell C. Re: Burns AS,
O'Connell C. The challenge of spinal cord injury care in the developing world. J
Spinal Cord Med. 2012; 35:3-8. J Spinal Cord Med. 2012; 35(4):195-7.
- Mansoor SN, Rathore FA, Fahim M. Back pack palsy as a rare Cause of Shoulder
Pain and Weakness–A Case Report .Indian Journal of PMR 2012;23: 120-2.
- Rathore FA, Mansoor SN. Letter to editor: Pressure ulcer management in disasters
in low-resourced countries. Ostomy Wound Management 2013;59: 8-9.
- Rathore FA, Muzammil S. Editorial:Perspective: Inadequate Long-term outcomes in
female paraplegics of the 2005 Pakistan earthquake: looking beyond the gender
discrimination .Journal of Emergency and Disaster Medicine 2013;2:1-3
- Rathore FA, Gosney JE, Raissi GR, Li J. Experience and preparedness of major
incidents in developing countries. Disaster Med Public Health Prep. 2013
- Rathore FA, Mansoor SN. Letter to editor: Rehabilitation of persons with spinal cord
injury in Afghanistan: Some Recommendations. Spinal Cord 2013 ;51(6):514. doi:
- Rathore FA, Gosney JE. Management of musculoskeletal trauma & spinal injuries in
disasters: stem cells vs. medical rehabilitation .Indian Journal of Medical Research
- Rathore FA. Letter to editor: Neglected traumatic spinal cord injuries: Experience
sharing from Pakistan .Spinal Cord 2013; 51(8):652-3. doi: 10.1038/sc.2013.49.
- Rathore FA, Mansoor SN. Factors associated with the development of pressure
ulcers after spinal cord injury. Spinal Cord. 2013: 51;84
- Rathore FA, Mubashir H, Mansoor SN, Farooq F. How adequate is the knowledge of
Pakistani health care professionals (HCPs) about disability? A nationwide cross
sectional survey of 381 HCPs . Polish Journal of Rehabilitation Research 2013
- Gosney JE, Reinhardt JD, von Groote PM, Rathore FA, Melvin JL. Medical
rehabilitation of spinal cord injury following earthquakes in rehabilitation resource-
scarce settings: implications for disaster research. Spinal Cord. 2013 51(8):603-9.
- Mansoor SN ,Rathore FA, Qureshi AZ. Patellar Tendon Rupture: Case report of a
rare complication of Total Knee Replacement. Int J Phys Med Rehabil 1: 125.
- Mansoor S N, Rathore FA. The popeye sign. Indian Journal of Physical Medicine and
Rehabilitation 2013;24 (1): 29.
- Rathore FA, Mansoor SN, Qureshi AZ. The many faces of traditional pain
management in developing countries: A case series from Pakistan .Polish Journal of
Rehabilitation research 2013; 5(3)50-55
- Khan F, Amatya B, Gosney J, Rathore FA, Burkle FM Jr. Medical Rehabilitation in
Natural Disasters: A Review. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 2015; 96(9):1709-27. doi:
- Mansoor SN, Rathore FA. Myths and misconceptions regarding facial nerve palsy
management: Interesting perspectives from a developing Country. J Neurosci Rural
Pract 2015; 6: 454-5.
- Rathore FA, Waqas A, Zia AM, Mavrinac M, Farooq F. (2015) Exploring the attitudes
of medical faculty members and students in Pakistan towards plagiarism: a cross
sectional survey. PeerJ 3:e1031 https://dx.doi.org/10.7717/peerj.1031
- Mansoor SN, Ayaz SB, Rathore FA, New P. Longitudinal cleavage of the penis in
chronic spinal cord injury: two case reports. J Spinal Cord Med. 2015 Jun 25. [Epub
ahead of print]
- Hussain A, Qureshi AZ, Ayaz SB, Rathore FA. Framingham Risk Scores for coronary
heart disease in a cohort of Saudi Arabian men and women with spinal cord injury.
Acta Neurol Belg. 2015 Aug 21. [Epub ahead of print]
- Malik T, Yasmin R, Rathore FA, Rashid P, Niazi HK, Tariq S. Types and Frequency
of Medical Complications during Stroke Rehabilitation at Armed Forces Institute of
Rehabilitation Medicine”. Annals of Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences 2007;3:
- Rathore FA, Hanif S, Farooq F, Butt AW, Ahmed N. Traumatic Spinal Cord Injuries
At A Tertiary Care Rehabilitation Institute In Pakistan. Journal of Pakistan Medical
- Hanif S, Tassadaq N, Rathore FA, Rashid P, Ahmad N, Niazi F. Role of therapeutic
exercises in neurogenic thoracic outlet syndrome. Journal of Ayub Medical College
- Hanif S, Malik T, Yasmin R, Rathore FA, Hassan M et al. Urodynamic Evaluation..
Professional Med J Sep 2008; 15(3): 361-366
- Rathore FA, Malik T, Waheed A. Pitfalls in stroke rehabilitation – A Pakistani
perspective. Pak Armed Forces Med J 2009;2: 56-61
- Gill ZA, Rathore FA, Iftikhar A. Posterior interosseous neuropathy during
appendicectomy. Pakistan Journal of medical research. 2010; 49:94-5.
- Choudhary KA, Rathore MFA, Hanif S, Rashid MH. Lateral epicondylitis: Steroid
Injections for management. Professional Medical Journal 2011; 18:133-138
- Rathore FA, Muzammil S. Epidemiology of Non-Disaster Spinal Injuries at a Spine
Unit (Letter to Editor) Journal of College of Physicians and Surgeons, Pakistan 2011;
- Mansoor SN, Rathore FA, Ahmad N, Rahman SS. Frequency of peripheral
polyneuropathy in a cohort of diabetic patients having symptoms of polyneuropathy
using Electrodiagnostic procedure. Pakistan Armed Forces Medical Journal 2011
- Khan MB, Muhammad WW, Nawaz KH, Ahmad I, Yousaf MA, Ahmad N, Rathore FA
.Frequency of Axonal variant of Gullian –Barre Syndrome in Pakistan. Pakistan
Armed Forces Medical Journal 2011 3:61-65.
- Mahboob F, Ahmed N, Rathore FA, Razzaq S. Frequency of Urinary tract infection
(UTI) and commonest causative organisms in spinal cord injury patients with various
voiding modes. Pakistan Armed Forces Medical Journal 2011 3:74-78.
- Rathore FA, Farooq F. (Letter to Editor) Going beyond the resident duty hours in
Pakistan. Journal of Pakistan Medical Association 2012;62:189-190
- Farooq F, Rathore FA. (Letter to Editor) How to improve medical reading in Pakistani
doctors? Journal of Pakistan Medical Association 2012; 62:518-519.
- Gill ZA, Rathore FA, Waheed A, Rustam Z. Significance Of NCS/EMG In Bilateral
Martin-Gruber Anastomosis With Carpal Tunnel Syndrome .Pakistan Armed Forces
Medical Journal 2012; 62:134-136
- Rathore FA, Farooq F. Letter to the editor: Poor patient counseling: A black mark on
our health care system. Journal of Pakistan Medical Association 2012:62; 744.
- Malik AY, Nasreen G, Malik SA, Rathore FA. Stercolith Peforation Journal of the
College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan 2012; 22 : 455-457
- Rathore FA, Gill ZA. Pneumorrhachis of the thoracic spine following gunshot wound.
Journal of the College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan 2012; 22 :529-530
- Gill ZA, Rathore FA, Waheed A, Ahmed N. Facioscapulohumeral muscular dystropy:
a Case report. Pakistan Armed Forces Medical Journal 2012; 62
- Farooq F ,Rathore FA. Letter to editor: Is the good cholesterol that good at
preventing cardiac events?. Journal of Pakistan Medical Association 2012:62;980-
- Rathore FA. View Point: How I wrote and published my first case report? Khyber
Med Univ J 2012; 4(4):197-198.
- Rathore FA, Mansoor SN. Letter to editor: Developmental milestones: Even the
Physicians don’t know enough and what we need to do? Journal of Pakistan Medical
- Rathore FA, Waheed A. Marked thenar wasting in long standing carpel tunnel
syndrome. J Pak Med Stud. 2013; 3(2):66-67
- Rathore FA, Mansoor SN. Letter to editor: Developmental milestones: Even the
Physicians don’t know enough and what we need to do? Journal of Pakistan Medical
- Razzaq S, Mansoor SN, Rathore FA, Akhter N, Yasmeen R. Rehabilitation
Outcomes following lower extremity amputation at the Armed Forces Institute of
Rehabilitation Medicine using lower extremity functional scale. Pakistan Armed
Forces Medical Journal 2013;63: 210-15.
- Mansoor SN, Omar Yousaf, Rathore FA. Azad AA, Ishfaque. Frequency Of
Musculoskeletal Disorders Among Dental Professionals at the Armed Forces Institute
of Dentistry.Journal of the Pakistan Dental Association. 2013:22;183-6.
- Ikram M, Ayaz SB, Gill ZA, Rathore FA. Facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy; A
report of three cases from Pakistan. RMJ. 2014; 39(1): 96-99.
- Mansoor SN, Rathore FA. Rehabilitation medicine: Awareness and survival in
Pakistan. Khyber Med Univ J 2014;6(3):139-140
- Rathore FA. Undergraduate medical research is not an endangered species and why
its future is bright in Pakistan?( Letter to editor) Journal of Pakistan Medical
Association 2014:64; 853-4.
- Mansoor SN, Rathore FA. Insufficiency Fracture In Rheumatoid Arthritis: a Case
Report khyber Med Univ J 2014; 6: 35-37
- Rathore FA, Fareeha Farooq. Plagiarism detection softwares: Useful tools for
medical writers and editors. Journal of Pakistan Medical Association 2014:64; 1329
- Qureshi AZ, Rathore FA. Number of Pakistani physicians working abroad; Do we
really need to know? Journal of Pakistan Medical Association 2014: 64:1410-12.
- Rathore FA, Sohail Muzammil .The decrepit state of trauma care in under-developed
healthcare settings and the need to integrate trauma rehabilitation as a continuum of
care. Journal of Pakistan Medical Association 2015: 65:108-9.
- Rathore FA, Akhtar Waheed. Stroke rehabilitation in Pakistan: what we know and
what we need to do? Pakistan Journal of Neurological sciences 2014;9:3-4.
- Rathore FA, Mansoor SN. How to conduct a workshop on medical writing: Tips,
advice and experience sharing. Journal of Pakistan Medical Association 2015:
- Rathore FA .Editorial: The need and roadmap for Stroke Rehabilitation guidelines in
Pakistan. Pakistan Journal of Neurological sciences 2015;10:3-4.
- Rathore FA. JE Gosney. Editorial: Rehabilitation lessons from the 2005 Pakistan
earthquake and others since - looking back and ahead. Journal of Pakistan Medical
Association 2015: 65(10):1036-37.
- Rathore FA . Editorial: Revisiting the 2005 earthquake paraplegics: What has
changed in a decade? .Journal of Ayub Medical College 2015; 27(3):513-14.
- Rathore FA, Farooq F. Thinking Out of the Box: Alternative Career Choices for Young Doctors in Pakistan. Journal of the College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan 2016;26 (2): 145-147
- Rathore FA, Waqas A, Marjan AZ. A thirteen-year audit of manuscripts related to medical education published in leading medical journals of Pakistan. Journal of Pakistan Medical Association 2016: 66(10):439-441.
- Razzaq S. Rathore FA. An overview of Pathophysiology, assessment and management strategies of post stroke shoulder subluxation. Pakistan Journal of Neurological Sciences 2016:11(3); 42-48.
- Rathore FA, Wasay M. (Editorial) Acute Stroke care and long term rehabilitation in Pakistan: Challenges and solutions .Journal of Pakistan Medical Association 2016; 66(10):1203-4.
- Mansoor SN, Rathore FA. Association of Rheumatoid arthritis with the pigmented villonodular synovitis of the Knee: A case report. KMUJ : Khyber Medical University Journal 2016:8
- Rathore FA, Mansoor SN. (Editorial) Neurorehabilitation in Pakistan: Needs, challenges and opportunities. Khyber Med Univ J 2016; 8(2): 59-60.
- Mangat SA, Rathore FA, Nasir SA, Shahid M, Altaf H. South Asian contributions to the international Rehabilitation literature: an online literature survey of 10 years. PJNS 2016; 11:12-16.
- Toor IN, Rathore FA, Mahboob F. Identification of barriers in the reintegration of Pakistan military amputees at the workplace: A cross sectional survey. Journal of Bahria university Medical and Dental College 2017 7(3): 160-164.
- Rathore FA, Ayaz SB. Arthritis mutilans: Case report of an uncommon squeal of psoriatic arthritis Journal of Bahria university Medical and Dental College 2017 7(4): 26-66.
- SN Mansoor,Rathore FA. The need for medical rehabilitation during floods. A cross sectional survey of physicians from Pakistan Armed Forces Journal of Bahria University Medical and Dental College 2017 7(4): 214-17.
- Rathore FA, Ilyas A. Integrating rehabilitation physicians in stroke rehabilitation challenges in Pakistan. Journal of the College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan 2017:27 (12): 798
- Rathore FA, Farooq F. The Need for Formal Training in the Peer Review Process and Role of Publons Academy. Journal of the College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan 2018, Vol. 28 (1): 78-79
- Rathore FA, Ayaz SB, Mansoor SN. Ochronotic Arthropathy: Two Case Reports from a Developing Country. Clinical Medicine Insights: Arthritis and Musculoskeletal Disorders 2016:9 15–20 doi: 10.4137/CMAMD.S31560.
- Khubaib MK, Rathore FA, Waqas A, Jan MM, Sohail S. Knowledge regarding basic facts of Stroke among Final Year MBBS students and House Officers: a cross sectional survey of 708 respondents from Pakistan. Cureus. 2016 Mar 23;8(3):e539. doi: 10.7759/cureus.539
- Rathore F A, Ayaz S B, Mansoor S N, et al. (April 11, 2016) Demographics of Lower Limb Amputations in the Pakistan Military: A Single Center, Three-Year Prospective Survey. Cureus 8(4): e566. doi:10.7759/cureus.566
- Rathore F A, Ahmad F, Zahoor M U (October 03, 2016) Case Report of a Pressure Ulcer Occurring Over the Nasal Bridge Due to a Non-Invasive Ventilation Facial Mask. Cureus 8(10): e813. doi:10.7759/cureus.813
- Khan F, Amatya B, Sayed TM, Butt AW, Jamil K, Iqbal W, Elmalik A, Rathore FA, Abbott G. World Health Organisation Global Disability Action Plan 2014-2021: Challenges and perspectives for physical medicine and rehabilitation in Pakistan. J Rehabil Med. 2017 Jan 19;49(1):10-21. doi: 10.2340/16501977-2149.
- Rathore F A, Attique R, Asmaa Y (January 26, 2017) Prevalence and Perceptions of Musculoskeletal Disorders among Hospital Nurses in Pakistan: A Cross-sectional Survey. Cureus 9(1): e100
- Rathore F A, Butt A W, Soomro N, Noreen Akhtar. (January 31, 2017) A Questionnaire-Based Survey of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency Training in Pakistan. Cureus 9(1): e1005. doi:10.7759/cureus.10051. doi:10.7759/cureus.1001
- Negrini S, Arienti C, Gimigliano F, Grubišić F, Howe T, Ilieva E, Levack W, Malmivaara A, Meyer T, Patrick Engkasan J, Rathore FA, Kiekens C. Cochrane Rehabilitation: Organization and Functioning. Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2017 Sep 25. doi: 10.1097/PHM.0000000000000832. [Epub ahead of print]
- Rathore F A, Ahmad F, Khan O J (October 10, 2017) Compression Stockings and Pressure Ulcers: Case Series of a Neglected Issue.2017 Cureus 9(10): e1763. doi:10.7759/cureus.1763
- SN Mansoor, FA Rathore. Symptomatic accessory navicular bone: A case series. The Egyptian Rheumatologist 2017; 39:263-266.
- New PW, Eriks-Hoogland I, Scivoletto G, Reeves RK, Townson A, Marshall R, Rathore FA. Important Clinical Rehabilitation Principles Unique to People with Non-traumatic Spinal Cord Dysfunction. Topics in Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation 2017; 23:299-312.
- Nasir Mansoor SN, Rathore FA. Bladder management practices in spinal cord injury patients: A single center experience from a developing country. J Spinal Cord Med. 2018 Jan 11:1-5. doi: 10.1080/10790268.2017.1417803. [Epub ahead of print])
Rathore FA, Farooq F. Tips on effective Biomedical Literature search. In Kasi PM.
RESEARCH: What, Why and How? A Treatise from Researchers to Researchers.
AuthorHouse TM , Bloomington, IN 47403, USA 2009, ISBN: 978-1- 4389-9171- 9 (e)
- Rathore FA , SN Mansoor. Demographics of Spinal Cord Injuries in Pakistan. In
Movaghar, Jazayeri SB ,Vaccaro AR. Epidemiology of Spinal Cord Injuries. (pp. 177-
192) Nova Publishers, NY, USA 2012.
Rathore F. Spinal Cord Injuries in the Developing World. In: JH Stone, M Blouin,
editors. International Encyclopedia of Rehabilitation. 2010. Available online: