Publications by Dr. Nabila Soomro
- The effectiveness of kayaking exercises as compared to general mobility exercises in reducing axial rigidity and improve bed mobility in early to mid-stage of Parkinson’s disease (Pak J Med Sci, Vol. 30, No. 5, March 2014).
- Obstetrical determinants of Cerebral Palsy in Children from birth to five years (Medical Forum, Vol. 24, No.8 Pg. 47-50, August 2013).
- Differences in level self-esteem of housewives and working women. (Medical Channel, Vol. 19, No. 3, Pg. 48-50, July – Sep, 2013).
- Determinants of Lower Extremity Amputations: An Intuitional Experience. (JCPSP, Vo. 23 (7), Pg. 491-494, 2013).
- Epidemiology of Amputation in a low resource community: Sindh Province, Pakistan.
(Oct 2007-June 2012) Pg. 261-265, (Professional Med J, Mar- Apr 2013).
- Effect of task oriented Training on hand function of CP spastic diplegic. (Quarterly Medical Channel, Vo. 19, No.1, Pg. 7-10, Jan-Mar 2013).
- Diabetes mellitus and limb loss: An analysis from a tertiary care center. (Medical Forum, Vol. 24, No. 2, Pg. 2-5, Feb 2013).
- Assessment of Goal Attainment Scaling (GAS) in the community based rehabilitation setting (A pilot community study). (JDUHS, Vol. 6, (3) Pg. 100-105, 2012).
- Injuries increasing the amputee burden at the prosthesis center: Two year prospective survey of amputees in a low income setting. (International Journal of Injury Control and Safety Promotion. (International Journal of Injury Control and Safety Promotion, May 2012).
- The Efficacy of Interferential Current on Trigeminal Neuralgia. (Medical Channel, Vol. 19 No. 2, Apr –June, Pg. 33-35, 2012).
- Reviewing the role of supportive devices for the treatment of hemiplegic shoulder pain.” (Medical channel, vol. 19, No. 3, Pg. 8-13, July-Sep 2012).
- Determinants of upper limb amputations in a tertiary care center, Pakistan (Medical
forum Vo. 24, No. 1, Pg. 60-63, January 12).
- Effectiveness of Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) in Depressed Mothers’ of Cerebral palsy (CP) Children at IPMR-DUHS (JDUHS, vol. 5, issue 3, Pg. 118-121, Sep-Dec 2011).
- Recognizing the Sensory Abilities in Cerebral Palsy Children (JDUHS, vol. 5, Issue 2, Pg. 60-65, 2011).
- Transtibial and transfemoral levels of amputation: effects on prosthetic fitting and
locomotion. PSJ vol 4(2), Pg. 13-16 April-June 1999.
- Rehabilitation of patients with post-polio paralysis and deformities [PJS] Vol 3 (1) Pg. 2-7, Jan- Mar 1998.