Publications by Dr. Saeed Bin Ayaz
1. Rathore FA, Mansoor SN, Bin Qureshi S. Re: Burns AS, O’Connell C. The challenge of spinal cord injury care in the developing world. J Spinal Cord Med 2012; 35:3-8. J Spinal Cord Med 2012;35(4):194-5; author reply 195-6.
2. Ikram M, Ayaz SB, Ahmad K, Gill ZA, Matee S. Changes in bone mineral density in patients with spinal cord injury during the acute phase after injury, measured through dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry. PJRR 2013; 6(4):11-14.
3. Gill ZA, Ayaz SB, Matee S, Ikram M. Conversion disorder – a case study with recurrent mouth deviation causing facial asymmetry. PJRR 2013; 6(4):31-33.
4. Khan AA, Ahmad K, Ayaz SB, Ayyub A. Suprascapular Nerve Injury at the Spinoglenoid Notch in a Washer Man: A Case Report.Cukurova Med J 2014; 39(1): 143-146.
5. Ayaz SB, Khan AA, Matee S, Gill ZA. Conversion Disorder; an unusual etiology of wrist drop: Report of a case an
d review of literature. BMMR 2014; 17(1): 16-18.
6. Ayaz SB, Matee S, Khan AA, Ikram M. Double-level Incomplete Spinal Cord Injuries: A case report.Cukurova Med J 2014; 39(2): 392-398.
7. Ayaz SB, Ikram M, Matee S, Ahmad K. Spinal cord injury secondary to front rolls as part of military physical training: A case report.NeuroRehabilitation 2014;34(3):473-7.
8. Khan AA, Ahmad K, Ayaz SB, Ayyub A, Akhlaq U. Cerebral Palsy in Pakistani Children: A Hospital Based Survey.Cukurova Med J 2014; 39(4): 705-711.
9. Ayaz SB, Matee S, Malik R, Ahmad K. Conversion Disorder; an unusual etiology of unilateral foot drop.ActaNeurol Taiwan 2015;24(2):47-51.
10. Mansoor SN, Ayaz SB, Rathore FA, New P. Longitudinal cleavage of the penis in chronic spinal cord injury: two case reports. J Spinal Cord Med. DOI: 10.1179/2045772315Y.0000000036.
11. Hussain A, Ayaz SB, Rathore FA. Framingham Risk Scores for coronary heart disease in a cohort of Saudi Arabian men and women with spinal cord injury.ActaNeurol Belg. DOI: 10.1007/s13760-015-0529-6.
12. Qureshi AR, Ayaz SB, Khan AA, Gill ZA. Congenital Indifference to Pain: A Report of Three Cases from Pakistan. Turk J Phys Med Rehab 2015;61:288-92.
13. Ayaz SB, Rathore FA, Ahmad K, Matee S.The use of complementary health approaches among patients with knee osteoarthritis in Pakistan: a hospital based survey.Egypt Rheumatologist.DOI:10.1016/j.ejr.2015.08.003.
14. Gill ZA, Ayaz SB, Matee S, Ahmad N. Idiopathic osteonecrosis of femoral heads resulting in bilateral total hip replacement: report of a suspected malingerer. BMMR. DOI:10.5455/bmmr.196322.
15. Ayaz SB, Rahman F, Gill ZA, Rustam Z. Quality of referrals for Nerve conduction studies and Electromyography to a tertiary care rehabilitation center. RMJ 2013; 38(2): 113-116.
16. Ayaz SB,Matee S, Ikram M, Gill ZA.Congenital insensitivity to pain with anhidrosis: a case report from Pakistan and literature review.Anaesth Pain & Intensive Care 2013; 17(3): 289-291.
17. Ayaz SB, Qureshi AR, Matee S, Akhter N. Brown-Sequard Plus syndrome produced by different traumatic injuries to the spinal cord with a good neurologic recovery: Report of seven cases.RMJ2013; 38(4): 366-370.
18. Ikram M, Ayaz SB, Gill ZA, Rathore FA. Facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy; A report of three cases from Pakistan. RMJ 2014; 39(1): 96-99.
19. Ayaz SB, Waheed A, Ali L.Frequencies of different peripheral nervous system pathologies among cases of lumbar radicular pain using electrodiagnostic studies. Pak Armed Forces Med J 2014; 64 (1): 80-83.
20. Ayaz SB, Gill ZA, Matee S, Khan AA. Spinal cord injury without radiographic abnormalities(SCIWORA) in a preschool child: A case report. J Postgrad Med Inst2014; 28(2):228-230.
21. Ikram M, Iqbal A, Ayaz SB, Gill ZA, Matee S. Frequency and socio-demographic predictors of clinical depression in combat amputees at a military rehabilitation setup. RMJ 2014; 39(2): 167-170.
22. Gill ZA, Ayaz SB, Khan AA, Butt AW.Penile amputation due to improvised explosive device (IED) blast injury in a Pakistani soldier.Pak Armed Forces Med J 2014; 64 (4):645-7.
23. Ayaz SB, Matee S, Gill ZA, Khan AA. The diagnostic dilemma of Progressive Muscular Atrophy. J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 2015; 25(2): 149-150.
24. Javed M, Ayaz SB, Ullah A, Matee S. Anxiety and depressive symptoms in primary caregivers of patients with severe depression. A snapshot from a military mental health care facility. RMJ 2015; 40(1): 24-29.
25. Bibi S, Iqbal A, Ayaz SB, Khan AA, Matee S. The impact of oropharyngeal dysphagia on quality of life in individuals of age > 50 years. RMJ 2015; 40(1): 37-40.
26. Iqbal A, Ayaz SB, Bibi S, Matee S. Mirror visual feedback: a resolve to phantom limb pain in amputees.RMJ 2015; 40(1): 116-118.
27. Akhter N, Khan AA, Ayaz SB, Akhter SMH, Afzal A. Diacerein: a treatment option in painful primary knee osteoarthritis. Pak Armed Forces Med J 2015; 65 (1):77-80.
28. Ullah H, Ayaz SB, Akhtar N, Matee S, Butt AW. Frequency, character, intensity and impact of neuropathic pain in a cohort of spinal cord injury patients.Pak Armed Forces Med J 2015; 65(2): 239-242.
29. Hussain A, Ayaz SB, Mumtaz SN, Ahmad K. Characteristics and predictors of chronic non-anginal postoperative pain after open-heart surgery in a cohort of Pakistani population. Pak Heart J 2015;48(2): 101 – 106.
30. Akhtar N, Hashim R, Khan AA, Ayyub A, Ayaz SB. Searching the research or researching the search; where to start from? A postgraduate medical trainee’s perspective from Rawalpindi/Islamabad. Pak Armed Forces Med J 2015; 65(4): 515-519.
31. Akhlaque U, Ayaz SB, Ahmad K, Akhtar N.Assessment of association of smoking with bone mineral density (BMD) and fragility fractures in a cohort of Pakistani males aged ≥50 years and postmenopausal females.RMJ 2015; 40(3): 255-258.
32. Shoaib M, Ayaz SB, Ashraf MN, Matee S, Ashraf MW. Zinc deficiency in Pakistani children with decompensated chronic liver disease; a cross-sectional survey at a hospital in Lahore.RMJ 2015; 40(3): 269-272.
33. Ashraf MW, Ayaz SB, Ashraf MN, Matee S, Shoaib M.Probiotics are effective in alleviating infantile colic; results of a randomized controlled trial held at Benazir Bhutto Hospital, Rawalpindi, Pakistan.RMJ 2015; 40(3): 277-280.
34. Hussain A, Ayaz SB, Ahmad K. Cardiac rehabilitation-Does it work? Pak Armed Forces Med J 2015;65(5):718-719.
35. Gill ZA, Ayaz SB, Matee S, Ahmad N. Idiopathic osteonecrosis of femoral heads resulting in bilateral total hip replacement: report of a suspected malingerer. Balkan Mil Med Rev 2016; 19(1): 29-31.
36. Gill ZA, Ayaz SB, Ikram M, Ahmed N. Surgical incision-induced sciatic nerve injury in a newborn during caesarean delivery: a case report. Turk J Phys Med Rehab 2016;62(1):64-6.
37. Ayaz SB, Rathore FA, Ahmad K, Matee S. The use of complementary health approaches among patients with knee osteoarthritis in Pakistan: a hospital based survey. Egypt Rheumatologist 2016;38(2):111-6.
38. Hussain A, Qureshi AZ, Ayaz SB, Rathore FA. Framingham Risk Scores for coronary heart disease in a cohort of Saudi Arabian men and women with spinal cord injury. Acta Neurol Belg 2016;116(2):179-84.
39. Mansoor SN, Ayaz SB, Rathore FA, New P. Longitudinal cleavage of the penis in chronic spinal cord injury: two case reports. J Spinal Cord Med 2016; 39(3):366-9.
40. Rathore FA, Ayaz SB, Mansoor SN, Qureshi AR, Fahim M. Demographics of Lower Limb Amputations in the Pakistan Military: A Single Center, Three-Year Prospective Survey. Cureus 2016; 8(4): e566. DOI:10.7759/cureus.566.
41. Rathore FA, Ayaz SB, Mansoor SN. Ochronotic Arthropathy: Two Case Reports from a Developing Country. Clin Med Insights Arthritis Musculoskelet Disord 2016; 9(9):15-20.
42. Akhlaq U, Ayaz SB, Akhtar N, Khan AA. Frequency and intensity of shoulder pain after stroke: a hospital based study. Pak Armed Forces Med J 2016; 66(1): 71-4.
43. Ayaz SB, Malik R, Khan AA, Gill ZA, Akhtar N, Matee S. Intensity of neck pain secondary to excessive flexion posturing, its association with study activities and duration of posturing and impact on sleep in students of Women Medical College, Abbottabad. Pak Armed Forces Med J 2016; 66 (0): S22-5.
44. Gill ZA, Khan AA, Ayaz SB, Akhtar N, Matee S. Spectrum of patients enrolled in a specialized pain clinic at a tertiary care rehabilitation hospital. Pak Armed Forces Med J 2016; 66 (0): S46-50.
45. Gill ZA, Ayaz SB, Khan AA, Ahmad N, Akhtar N, Ahmad M. Major limb amputations among civilian population at a central military amputee rehabilitation center. Pak Armed Forces Med J 2016; 66 (0): S76-80.
46. Khan AA, Aziz T, Matee S, Akhtar N, Ayyub A, Ayaz SB. Electro-diagnostic impression in children presented as floppy baby. Pak Armed Forces Med J 2016; 66(0): S87-90.
47. Ayaz SB, Khan AA, Matee S, Akhtar F, Gill ZA. Critical limb ischemia; a sequel of vitamin B-12 deficiency anemia ending up in amputation. Pak Armed Forces Med J 2016; 66(5):770-2.
48. Arif ST, Ayaz SB, Farooq M. Seroprevalence of Hepatitis B and C among selected groups of population at Combined Military Hospital, Okara, Pakistan. Pak J Pathol 2016: 27(4):163-7.
49. Ayaz F, Ayaz SB, Furrukh M. Reasons for delayed presentation of women with breast cancer. J Islamabad Med Dent Coll 2016;5(4):187-91.
50. Akhlaque U, Ayaz SB, Akhtar N, Ahmad N. Association of bone mineral density and body mass index in a cohort of Pakistanis: relation to gender, menopause and ethnicity. Egypt Rheumatologist 2017; 39(1):39-43.
51. Ayaz F, Ayaz SB, Tashfeen S, Furrukh M. Gray platelet syndrome. Cukurova Med J 2017; 42(2): 360-2.
52. Gill ZA, Ayaz SB, Ahmad N, Qureshi AR. Hidden unicameral bone cyst of the calcaneus: a case report of military soldier with chronic ankle pain. J Arch Mil Med 2017;5(2): e57339.
53. Dildar N, Ayaz SB, Aamir MO, Ahmad N. Spontaneous spinal epidural hemorrhage following disseminated intravascular coagulation resulting in paraplegia: a case report. J Spinal Cord Med 2017. DOI:10.1080/10790268.2017.1387717.
54. Ahmad K, Ayaz SB, Khalil HB, Matee S. Bilateral spontaneous anterior shoulder dislocation: A missed orthopedic injury mistaken as proximal neuropathy. Chin J Traumatol 2017; 20(6):370-2.
55. Ayaz SB, Mujahid TA, Matee S, Ayaz F. Congenital anonychia totalis: A rare occurrence in a Pakistani family. J Postgrad Med Inst 2017; 31(1): 88-92.
56. Ayaz F, Ayaz SB, Furrukh M, Matee S. Cleaning practices and contamination status of infant feeding bottle contents and teats in Rawalpindi, Pakistan. Pak J Pathol 2017; 28(1):13-20.
57. Iqbal A, Ayaz SB, Khalid S. Development and validation of Depression Inventory for Amputees in Pakistan. Rawal Med J 2017; 42(3):326-33.
58. Akhtar N, Ayaz SB, Khan AA, Qamar K. Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE)-A better dimension to measure clinical competencies. Pak Armed Forces Med J 2017; 67(4):677-80.
59. Ihsan HR, Ayaz SB, Farooq M, Saeed M, Aslam S. Sensitivity and specificity of ultrasonography in cases of suspected acute appendicitis; results of a cross-sectional survey. Pak Armed Forces Med J 2017; 67 (Suppl-3): S287-91.
60. Razaq S, Ayaz SB, Arshad A, Ihsan HR. A prevalent disease missed under cover of an uncommon disorder-a learning experience in clinical practice. Pak J Neurol Sci 2017;12(3):41-3.
61. Rathore FA, Ayaz SB. Arthritis mutilans: case report of an uncommon sequel of psoriatic arthritis. J Bahria Uni Med Dental Coll 2017; 7(4): 264-6.